21 May 2005

Play your bit in building this blog

As a last little comment before I shuffle off to tend the garden and other such relaxing stuff, let's have a look at the readership of this blog for a bit, in light of the Top Canadian Blogs postings that have been taking place on this site and elsewhere.

The audience is comparatively small, but incredibly faithful, from what I can gather. They have been spreading the URL and it is always a surprise to bump into someone on the street who reads this stuff and comments on it. Every once in a while I get an e-mail from some place like Qatar or on the mainland from someone who stumbled across the site by accident.

Anyway, for the faithful out there, here's are some ideas I have been kicking around:

1. Next week, send an e-mail to someone on your contact list who you haven't already told about the Sir Robert Bond Papers but who might be interested in it.

After a week or so, I'll report back on any changes in my stats.

2. In the meantime, I have also been considering some Robert Bond merchandise or, to use another marvelous word, tchotchke.

I haven't got any definitive ideas, but this might be something to distinguish you out there as loyal readers of these scribbles.

I'll keep you posted as the ideas flow.

3. Send me an e-mail or gimme a call if there is a subject area you'd want me to have a go at. Is there something in the Bond Papers that I have forgotten to get back to or is there something you'd like to see. A little audience feedback on the Papers would be welcome.

Just remember to flip the URL to as many as you can.

And on that note, I am off to ponder the drizzle of a typical May 24th weekend.