15 August 2005

Walken for President 2008

Now this is a candidate I could get excited about!

Actor Christopher Walken is known for his portrayals of strong characters, some of them having possible mental imbalances.

Apparently, he wants to be president and someone set up a website to promote his candidacy.

Perhaps as president, he can find a use for some of his more memorable quotes, like say this one he tossed out as the lead mercenary, Shannon, in The Dogs of War: "In my jungle, you'd be just another asshole."

or maybe a couple from Batman Returns, in which he played Max Schrek, the guy behind Oswald Cobblepot's run at the mayor's seat:

"Power surplus? Bruce, shame on you. No such thing. One can never have too much power. If my life has a meaning, that's demeaning."

"Let me guess... trust fund goody-goody? "

or from The King of New York (1990):

"From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn."

"I never killed anybody who didn't deserve it."

This candidacy might have greater potential than Ahhnuld "It's not a Toomuh" Schwarzenegger.